Z93 welcomes you to the ZCare page. We are proud to announce our new sponsor, Valley View Mall! ZCare is here to help our friends and neighbors in the La Crosse and surrounding area. You’ll find a list of events and benefits in our community below. Please take the time to check them out. If you have a benefit you’d like us to list or are in need of our assistance, please contact us at ZCare PO Box 99 La Crosse, WI 54602 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZCare, along with Valley View Mall, supports local organizations, families, and more, in the La Crosse and surrounding area. It is very heart warming when people in our community are generous, and give back to ZCare! Special thanks to Jenni Seberg, Caleb Roberts, and Sara Schneider (students at Western Technical College). As part of their Management Accounting Project, they raised funds for ZCare! They dropped off a generous donation of $260.00! Thank you for thinking of us, and for giving back to the community! We hope you get an A+ on your presentation!
Our ZCare Team received this email:
My name is Jenni and I am from the G-E-T High School in Galesville. I was wondering where Z93 gets their $10 itunes gift cards from? I am working on a project for a student with disabilities and I need a $10 itunes gift card. I have called everywhere and can only find $15 cards. Can you help with this?
We were happy to help Jenni with her project! ZCare sponsored the iTunes gift card for Jenni, and the student! Jenni later sent an email that read:
I want to thank you for doing this. This student will be very excited to hear where his card from. Thank you to the whole Z93 crew for always being awesome!
On behalf of the Move Out Sustainability Team, I want to extend the biggest possible “Thank You” to you, Marco, and the whole ZCare/Z93 family.
Without your help, Dumpster Diversion would not have been nearly as successful as it was, and IT WAS! The student neighborhoods were more clean than ever.
All together we gathered five, 40 yard dumpsters worth of stuff that would have ended up on curbs and boulevards of La Crosse (things like dirty damage couches and mattresses/box frames, and old furniture), plus a semi and a half of donations to Goodwill (things like clothes, nice furniture of all kinds, and a random assortment of other things), and roughly two tons of recyled TVs and other electronics.
Thank you, so very much, for working with us this year and we look forward to building on this success in the future. Our community owes you all an incredible debt of gratitude.
Sincerely, Andrew Londre (UW-La Crosse Senior)
Blood donations often decline during the summer, when schools are out and vacations ar in . The Red Cross encourages donors to make an appointment to give now to help ensure a stable supply in the weeks and months ahead, giving patients a chance to create a summer of stories. Donors who present to give blood between May 23rd and May 31st, in honor of Memorial Day, could win one of five $1,000 American Express gift cards to create their own summer stories. In addition, their donations will honor those who gave their life for our country and support those in need of care. The Red Cross serves about 3,000 hospitals and transfusion centers across the country, including many Veterans Affairs medical centers.
- Thursday, May 23rd from 10am-3pm at Black River Memorial Hospital (711 W. Adams St. Black River Falls)
- Tuesday, May 28th from 7am-Noon at American Legion Post 52 (711 S. 6th Street in La Crosse)
- Tuesday, May 28th from 1:30pm-6:30pm at American Red Cross (1427 State Highway 16 in La Crosse)
- Wednesday, May 29th from 10:30am- 5:30pm at American Legion Post 52 (711 S. 6th St. in La Crosse)
- Thursday, May 30th from 9am-3pm at American Legion Post 52 (711 S. 6th St. in La Crosse)
Honor their past sacrifices and contribute to the continuing needs of our veterans on May 24th and 25th throughout the city, when members of the American Legion Family Post 52 distribute bright red poppies! The poppy has become a nationally known, and recognized symbol, of sacrifice to honor the men and women who served and died for their country in all wars. For more info, call 608-397-4805 or 608-782-3232.
Attend the Open House at American Legion Post 52
- Monday, May 27th from 11am-3pm
- Food available for donation, and special drink prices
- Tour their Memorial Hall, and more!
|May 25, 2013|
Join a ride for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. One of the participants for this event, Aleksandra Hadley, has Cystic Fibrosis.
- Saturday, May 25th at Southside Saloon in Sparta! Registration at 9:30am, ride begins at 10:30a.m.
- The first 15 riders will get a free t-shirt. There will be giveaways during the ride, raffles, door prizes, etc. After the ride, enjoy food and live Music at Southside!
- For more information, please feel free to contact Janet at 608-633-9895.
|June 2, 2013|
|12:00 pm||to||4:00 pm|
Do you have the skills to save your neighbor?
Each year, hundreds of people are involved in water and boating-related incidents. In 2011 alone, 758 recreational boating fatalities were reported in the U.S., according to the U.S. Coast Guard’s annual report. By refreshing your basic boating knowledge, having your vessel checked, and knowing how to respond in an emergency situation, these numbers can be drastically reduced!
- Join us on Sunday, June 2, from 12:00-4:00(pm) for La Crosse Pettibone Boat Club’s second annual “Neighbors Saving Neighbors Day.”
- Promoting water safety and emergency response techniques. Teaming up with: La Crosse Fire Department, La Crosse Dive Unit, American Red Cross, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, among other organizations.
- Refreshments provided, free life jacket checks for kids, faffles, activities for kids, FREE vessel checks, and more! (Come by boat for a free vessel check by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary; ensure that your boat meets minimum safety standards and that you have the necessary equipment to summon help in an emergency).
|June 8, 2013|
|12:00 pm||to||7:00 pm|
- Saturday, June 8th from Noon-7pm
- Champion Riverside Resort (W16751 Pow Wow Lane, Galesville, WI)
- Live Auction, Silent Auction, 50/50 Drawing, Door Prizes, Bake Sale, Music, Food, and so much more!
- Please call Neil or Mary at 608-786-3735
|June 15, 2013|
2nd Annual Fun Run/Walk (5k and 10k)
- North Bend Presbyterian Church
- Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 8:00 A.M.
- Pre-Registration Price: $15.00 per person (by June 10th)
- $20 per person day of run/walk
- Proceeds to benefit the Boston Marathon Bombings relief fund