ZCare is committed to making a difference in our community. Along with our friends at Mattress Outlet La Crosse, we provide support to our friends and neighbors in a number of ways and we couldn't do it without you. Thanks for your partnership in improving the lives of those in need.
To submit a request for assistance or share benefit details, email ZCare@z933.com.
ZCARE - UPCOMING EVENTS
1pm - 5pm
11am - 4pm
Z93's ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Week of Monday, March 28, 2016
Derek is a senior at Bangor High School. He participates in Football, Basketball and Track. Derek and the Bangor football Team won the 2015 state championship at Camp Randall. Derek played a big part in helping the team succeed with his positive attitude and the will to help everyone, including the opposing team when down. Derek has received many awards for his performance with sports and works very hard for them. He is on the A Honor Roll consistently, with a big upcoming future in college. Outside of sports, Derek has a passion of mentoring his younger brothers and sister and participating in other events. He always brings a smile to people's faces. Derek is an outstanding friend, but most of all a fun and kind hearted young adult.
Week of Monday, March 21, 2016
MaKyla Hove is a Senior at Tomah High School and member of the Varsity Softball team. She is a team player on and off the field. During the off-season, she can be seen in the weight room every day, maintaining her strength and stamina.
In addition to athletics, she has a 4.0 GPA and is considered a leader of her class. She is a member of the National Honors Society, Roots and Shoots, Link Crew, the National Art Honors Society, and International Club. MaKyla was voted President of the Class of 2016. She rounded out her extra-curricular involvement with a splash of fun by being nominated Captain of the Football Tailgaters. Outside of school, MaKyla is a caring and compassionate individual. She's an absolute joy to be around; it's no wonder why she has been so successful!
Week of Monday, March 14, 2016
Aubrey Hass is in 5th grade. She plays volleyball, basketball, softball, twirls and dances for Warriors Performing Arts and rides horses.
Drew Hass is in 2nd grade. He plays Football, Basketball, Baseball, wrestles and races go-karts.
Both kids love playing sports because they like being on a team and competing. They know how to win and lose gracefully, be a good teammate and have good sportsmanship.
Week of Monday, March 7, 2016
Haley is currently a senior at Black River Falls High School. She has been on the Varsity Cheerleading Squad since her freshman year, and is Team Captain this year.
Haley has also lettered on the Varsity Track Team since her freshman year. She went to the State Track Meet in LaCrosse last year for 100 meter hurdles. She has also competed in 300 Meter Hurdles, 4 x 2, and 4 x 1.
Haley was also Miss Black River Falls for 2013-2014.
She is also been a member of the FCCLA team since her freshman year, and has competed at State 3 years.
Haley works hard in the classroom also, and is on the Honor Roll. After graduation this June, she will be attending UW Platteville majoring in Criminology.
Week of Monday, February 29, 2016
Chord LeClaire is a 7th grader at Logan Middle School.
She plays Volley Ball and also dances at Julie’s School of Dance. She dances ballet, pointe, hip-hop and lyrical. She excels at dance and is in level 4!
Chord is a high honor roll student and was rewarded with the title of "Student of the Month" for September of 2015! She has received recognition from her teachers for being kind, caring towards others, and respectful to her teachers! Chord is also a drama club member, and is very involved in her church.
Week of Monday, February 22, 2016
Grant is a Junior at Logan High School. He is a Varsity Reserve Alpine downhill racer for the Central/Logan ski team, and has been part of the team for 3 years
After suffering a concussion last February; losing many many weeks of school, falling behind and having lost his sense of smell and partial taste buds, he managed to work through the difficult times and is back skiing with his teammates. He has also brought himself back up to a 4.0 grade point average. He is involved in school clubs/activities, and placed in the state academic decathlon.
Grant plays soccer, enjoys running, and also plays FUTSOL on Logan High’s team (through Viterbo University) on Sundays. He also plays upright bass for Logan as well as The La Crosse Youth Symphony and the La Crosse Symphony. In the summer, you can find him on the water, water skiing and wake boarding. Grant is a great mentor to younger athletes and strives to be a great role model to those in his high school. He is also very generous and helps those in need by donating blood.
Week of Monday, February 15, 2016
- Kaytlin is a Sophmore and plays Hockey for Black River Falls coop
- Kaytlin was the 2015 Hockey team MVP and points leader as freshmen
- She is the hockey team captain and points leader, this season
- Kaytlin also plays Softball, and was MVP last year as a freshmen
- She takes her studying seriously and is on the High Honor Roll
- In her free time, she volunteers at the animal shelter and is part of the FCCLA
- Kaytlin's long term goal is to play NCAA Hockey!
Week of Monday, February 1, 2016
- Coleton Strupp is a freshman at Holmen High School.
- He received his Varsity Letter, as a freshmen, for boys soccer.
- Coleton is also a wrestler.
- He Saxophone for the regular and jazz bands and went to Magic Kingdom
- He spends a lot of time on his sports and makes his schoolwork a priority!
- He's on the honor roll, with a 4.0 GPA.
- Coleton is also ranked 26th in his class!
Week of Monday, January 25, 2016
- Annie is a freshmen at Aquinas High School.
- She plays golf, basketball, and softball! She competed at the State level for golf, and placed 13th overall!
- On occasion her golf competitions have kept her from school, however she has managed to keep up with her school work and remain on the honor roll (maintaining 3.5-3.799 g.p.a).
- Annie made her school proud by being the MVC Girls Golf Medalist!
- She is a member of the band, which recently took a trip to Disney World to perform in the Magic Kingdom Parade.
Week of Monday, January 18, 2016
- Elizabeth is a 10th grader at Central High School
- She has been a gymnast for 8 years. 4 of those years she has been on the La Crosse YMCA competitive gymnastics team.
- She's competing Level 5 this year!
- Recently scoring a 9.4 on vault Elizabeth earned a 1st place for her age division.
- Over the summer Elizabeth earned the nickname of “Power House” because she has so much power and height when she tumbles, making her exciting to watch.
- When Elizabeth is not doing gymnastics she participates in Track. This past summer she trained with the La Crosse Track Club where she qualified and participated in the State Games of America in Lincoln, Nebraska in July.
- She competed in the 200 meter, triple jump and pole vaulting. Elizabeth set and beat her own personal records. She was selected to hold the Wisconsin banner for the opening ceremonies for the State Games.
- Elizabeth is always willing to help others and is a role model for her younger teammates. She has a contagious smile and loving heart.
- Elizabeth sets very high expectations for herself in academics and in sports. She plans on applying to attend The Air Force Academy in Colorado after high school.
Week of Monday, January 11, 2016
- Chelsea is a Junior at Westby High School.
- She has started on the varsity team in volleyball, basketball and softball every year since her freshmen year.
- She received 2nd team All Conference Basketball as a freshman. As a sophomore, she received 2nd Team All Conference Volleyball and Kills Leader, and 1st Team All Conference in basketball. Plus, Honorable Mention- All Conference for softball.
- As a junior she received 1st Team all Conference volleyball award. Team kills leader award, team MVP award, Ace leader award and jack of all trades award!
- Along with being very active in sports, she receives high honors on the honor roll, is in National Honor Society, and is very active in her church!
Week of Monday, January 4, 2016
Aubrey Norby is a 10th grader from Mabel-Canton.
- She's been a cheerleader since 7th grade, and for the past year and a half has also participated on a Competitive Cheer Squad. Aubrey is maintaining her cheer captain status for the second year for Mabel-Canton's Varsity Squad.
- She exemplifies all of the qualities of a great leader. She's a great role model for the students younger (and older) than her. Aubrey takes the time to help out younger/new cheerleaders to make sure they feel comfortable with new cheers and routines.
- In addition to cheerleading, Aubrey is also a strong gymnast and dancer. She helps choreograph performance routines, and is a strong solid stunter as a base and a flyer. She recently mastered her back handsprings and can turn 6 in a row!
- Aubrey is not only a great athlete, she is a great student. She's very sweet, considerate, and uses her spare time to do a lot of volunteering for organizations, including Church Youth Group.
Week of Monday, December 28, 2015
Jack Reader is a senior at Bangor High School. He participates in football, basketball and baseball.
- He's been selected to the 1st team in every sport for the past two years.
- He helped lead his team to a division 7 State Championship in football this season.
- He was also chosen for The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Team as outside linebacker.
- Academically he's in the top 10% of his class and has been on the A honor roll every quarter. He's also been Class President and Student Council President.
- He's put in 70 hours of community service during his high school career and still has time for a job.
Week of Monday, December 21, 2015
Kacy Eckhardt is a 13 year old 7th grader at the La Crosse Design Institute. She is a straight A student and is a member of the Student Council. Kacy is involved in sports year round including, track, softball, volleyball, basketball and snowboarding. Kacy is also a Jr. Snowboard instructor at Mt La Crosse.
She is always up for a challenge and works hard at being the best for her team, and always has great sportsmanship.