Week of Monday, January 25, 2016
- Annie is a freshmen at Aquinas High School.
- She plays golf, basketball, and softball! She competed at the State level for golf, and placed 13th overall!
- On occasion her golf competitions have kept her from school, however she has managed to keep up with her school work and remain on the honor roll (maintaining 3.5-3.799 g.p.a).
- Annie made her school proud by being the MVC Girls Golf Medalist!
- She is a member of the band, which recently took a trip to Disney World to perform in the Magic Kingdom Parade.
Week of Monday, January 18, 2016
- Elizabeth is a 10th grader at Central High School
- She has been a gymnast for 8 years. 4 of those years she has been on the La Crosse YMCA competitive gymnastics team.
- She's competing Level 5 this year!
- Recently scoring a 9.4 on vault Elizabeth earned a 1st place for her age division.
- Over the summer Elizabeth earned the nickname of “Power House” because she has so much power and height when she tumbles, making her exciting to watch.
- When Elizabeth is not doing gymnastics she participates in Track. This past summer she trained with the La Crosse Track Club where she qualified and participated in the State Games of America in Lincoln, Nebraska in July.
- She competed in the 200 meter, triple jump and pole vaulting. Elizabeth set and beat her own personal records. She was selected to hold the Wisconsin banner for the opening ceremonies for the State Games.
- Elizabeth is always willing to help others and is a role model for her younger teammates. She has a contagious smile and loving heart.
- Elizabeth sets very high expectations for herself in academics and in sports. She plans on applying to attend The Air Force Academy in Colorado after high school.
Week of Monday, January 11, 2016
- Chelsea is a Junior at Westby High School.
- She has started on the varsity team in volleyball, basketball and softball every year since her freshmen year.
- She received 2nd team All Conference Basketball as a freshman. As a sophomore, she received 2nd Team All Conference Volleyball and Kills Leader, and 1st Team All Conference in basketball. Plus, Honorable Mention- All Conference for softball.
- As a junior she received 1st Team all Conference volleyball award. Team kills leader award, team MVP award, Ace leader award and jack of all trades award!
- Along with being very active in sports, she receives high honors on the honor roll, is in National Honor Society, and is very active in her church!
Week of Monday, January 4, 2016
Aubrey Norby is a 10th grader from Mabel-Canton.
- She's been a cheerleader since 7th grade, and for the past year and a half has also participated on a Competitive Cheer Squad. Aubrey is maintaining her cheer captain status for the second year for Mabel-Canton's Varsity Squad.
- She exemplifies all of the qualities of a great leader. She's a great role model for the students younger (and older) than her. Aubrey takes the time to help out younger/new cheerleaders to make sure they feel comfortable with new cheers and routines.
- In addition to cheerleading, Aubrey is also a strong gymnast and dancer. She helps choreograph performance routines, and is a strong solid stunter as a base and a flyer. She recently mastered her back handsprings and can turn 6 in a row!
- Aubrey is not only a great athlete, she is a great student. She's very sweet, considerate, and uses her spare time to do a lot of volunteering for organizations, including Church Youth Group.
Week of Monday, December 28, 2015
Jack Reader is a senior at Bangor High School. He participates in football, basketball and baseball.
- He's been selected to the 1st team in every sport for the past two years.
- He helped lead his team to a division 7 State Championship in football this season.
- He was also chosen for The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Team as outside linebacker.
- Academically he's in the top 10% of his class and has been on the A honor roll every quarter. He's also been Class President and Student Council President.
- He's put in 70 hours of community service during his high school career and still has time for a job.
Week of Monday, December 21, 2015
Kacy Eckhardt is a 13 year old 7th grader at the La Crosse Design Institute. She is a straight A student and is a member of the Student Council. Kacy is involved in sports year round including, track, softball, volleyball, basketball and snowboarding. Kacy is also a Jr. Snowboard instructor at Mt La Crosse.
She is always up for a challenge and works hard at being the best for her team, and always has great sportsmanship.
Week of Monday, December 14, 2015
Cassy is an 8th grader at G-E-T Middle School.
Cassy actively participates in sports all year long, including fall and spring volleyball, softball, basketball, and track. Cassy consistently makes A honor roll with a GPA of 3.9 or 4.0, all while juggling advanced classes. In addition to sports, she's an outdoor enthusiast and avid hunter. Cassy takes pride in her athletic efforts and her academic achievements. She works hard and always tries to help others. Even her teachers agree, Cassy is an outstanding teammate and student. Please join us in congratulating our athlete of the week, Cassy Schmitz!
(She's number 41 in this picture)
Week of Monday, December 7, 2015
Lara is a 7th grader at Longfellow Middle School
She is currently enrolled in 10 dance classes at Amanda's Academy of Dance! Her instructors say that she takes every critique given to her with grace and applies it to her academy training. She also recently earned her pointe shoes, which is a huge accomplishment for ballet dancers.
Lara is also a phenomenal student. She is currently an A/A+ student, in High Performance Learning for Math and Language Arts, she plays in the Honors Orchestra, and plays the Violin and Flute. She's so talented in so many ways, and she's a great kid!