Week of Monday, February 22, 2016
Grant is a Junior at Logan High School. He is a Varsity Reserve Alpine downhill racer for the Central/Logan ski team, and has been part of the team for 3 years
After suffering a concussion last February; losing many many weeks of school, falling behind and having lost his sense of smell and partial taste buds, he managed to work through the difficult times and is back skiing with his teammates. He has also brought himself back up to a 4.0 grade point average. He is involved in school clubs/activities, and placed in the state academic decathlon.
Grant plays soccer, enjoys running, and also plays FUTSOL on Logan High’s team (through Viterbo University) on Sundays. He also plays upright bass for Logan as well as The La Crosse Youth Symphony and the La Crosse Symphony. In the summer, you can find him on the water, water skiing and wake boarding. Grant is a great mentor to younger athletes and strives to be a great role model to those in his high school. He is also very generous and helps those in need by donating blood.
Week of Monday, February 15, 2016
- Kaytlin is a Sophmore and plays Hockey for Black River Falls coop
- Kaytlin was the 2015 Hockey team MVP and points leader as freshmen
- She is the hockey team captain and points leader, this season
- Kaytlin also plays Softball, and was MVP last year as a freshmen
- She takes her studying seriously and is on the High Honor Roll
- In her free time, she volunteers at the animal shelter and is part of the FCCLA
- Kaytlin's long term goal is to play NCAA Hockey!
Week of Monday, February 1, 2016
- Coleton Strupp is a freshman at Holmen High School.
- He received his Varsity Letter, as a freshmen, for boys soccer.
- Coleton is also a wrestler.
- He Saxophone for the regular and jazz bands and went to Magic Kingdom
- He spends a lot of time on his sports and makes his schoolwork a priority!
- He's on the honor roll, with a 4.0 GPA.
- Coleton is also ranked 26th in his class!
Week of Monday, January 25, 2016
- Annie is a freshmen at Aquinas High School.
- She plays golf, basketball, and softball! She competed at the State level for golf, and placed 13th overall!
- On occasion her golf competitions have kept her from school, however she has managed to keep up with her school work and remain on the honor roll (maintaining 3.5-3.799 g.p.a).
- Annie made her school proud by being the MVC Girls Golf Medalist!
- She is a member of the band, which recently took a trip to Disney World to perform in the Magic Kingdom Parade.
Week of Monday, January 18, 2016
- Elizabeth is a 10th grader at Central High School
- She has been a gymnast for 8 years. 4 of those years she has been on the La Crosse YMCA competitive gymnastics team.
- She's competing Level 5 this year!
- Recently scoring a 9.4 on vault Elizabeth earned a 1st place for her age division.
- Over the summer Elizabeth earned the nickname of “Power House” because she has so much power and height when she tumbles, making her exciting to watch.
- When Elizabeth is not doing gymnastics she participates in Track. This past summer she trained with the La Crosse Track Club where she qualified and participated in the State Games of America in Lincoln, Nebraska in July.
- She competed in the 200 meter, triple jump and pole vaulting. Elizabeth set and beat her own personal records. She was selected to hold the Wisconsin banner for the opening ceremonies for the State Games.
- Elizabeth is always willing to help others and is a role model for her younger teammates. She has a contagious smile and loving heart.
- Elizabeth sets very high expectations for herself in academics and in sports. She plans on applying to attend The Air Force Academy in Colorado after high school.
Week of Monday, January 11, 2016
- Chelsea is a Junior at Westby High School.
- She has started on the varsity team in volleyball, basketball and softball every year since her freshmen year.
- She received 2nd team All Conference Basketball as a freshman. As a sophomore, she received 2nd Team All Conference Volleyball and Kills Leader, and 1st Team All Conference in basketball. Plus, Honorable Mention- All Conference for softball.
- As a junior she received 1st Team all Conference volleyball award. Team kills leader award, team MVP award, Ace leader award and jack of all trades award!
- Along with being very active in sports, she receives high honors on the honor roll, is in National Honor Society, and is very active in her church!
Week of Monday, January 4, 2016
Aubrey Norby is a 10th grader from Mabel-Canton.
- She's been a cheerleader since 7th grade, and for the past year and a half has also participated on a Competitive Cheer Squad. Aubrey is maintaining her cheer captain status for the second year for Mabel-Canton's Varsity Squad.
- She exemplifies all of the qualities of a great leader. She's a great role model for the students younger (and older) than her. Aubrey takes the time to help out younger/new cheerleaders to make sure they feel comfortable with new cheers and routines.
- In addition to cheerleading, Aubrey is also a strong gymnast and dancer. She helps choreograph performance routines, and is a strong solid stunter as a base and a flyer. She recently mastered her back handsprings and can turn 6 in a row!
- Aubrey is not only a great athlete, she is a great student. She's very sweet, considerate, and uses her spare time to do a lot of volunteering for organizations, including Church Youth Group.
Week of Monday, December 28, 2015
Jack Reader is a senior at Bangor High School. He participates in football, basketball and baseball.
- He's been selected to the 1st team in every sport for the past two years.
- He helped lead his team to a division 7 State Championship in football this season.
- He was also chosen for The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Team as outside linebacker.
- Academically he's in the top 10% of his class and has been on the A honor roll every quarter. He's also been Class President and Student Council President.
- He's put in 70 hours of community service during his high school career and still has time for a job.