SNL's Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande announced their engagement this weekend after only a few weeks of dating. They were at Robert Pattinson's birthday party and were apparently telling everyone. “It’s a recent engagement. They’re just two people who found love quickly and make each other happy all the time. They both started talking about it this past weekend. It’s nothing they’ve been hiding,” says a source close to the couple. Pete just announced his split with his girlfriend Cazzie David a few weeks ago and that was a week after Ariana announced her split from Mac Miller.
Check out the full story HERE
The Miss America organization has eliminated the swimsuit portion of its competition for the first time in its 96-year history. “We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance,” said Miss America chairwoman Gretchen Carlson. “It’s going to be what comes out of their mouth that we’re interested in, when they talk about their social impact initiatives.” Carlson said the competition would focus on the talent and interview phases to determine scholarship awards, rather than operate as a beauty pageant. “We’re moving forward,” she said, “and evolving in this cultural revolution.” The changes will start with this year’s broadcast September 9th.
Brittany and Ballzer checked in with Raeanna Johnson, former Miss Wisconsin and local and regional title holder, about her thoughts on the changes:
Scroll down for the Gretchen Carlson's announcement on GMA yesterday.
Just in time for Father's Day, a recent study of 1,200 dads has compiled quite the list. Check out the full article HERE
The Top 25 skills modern dads have to master:
- Cooking a meal
- Providing the best environment for a good education
- Guiding them through college / university
- Setting up the home wifi and a Netflix account
- Building flatpack furniture and painting their first home
- Updating a computer and setting up new games consoles
- Teaching them about technology and all those different TV wires
- Having 'the chat' and giving advice on relationships
- Teaching a son how to shave
- Firing up the barbeque
- Taking part in the night feed
- Doing the school run
- Untying difficult knots
- Telling the kids bad jokes
- Taking good family photographs and videos
- Replacing a favourite toy when an old one breaks
- Playing make believe
- Setting up parental controls online and on the television to protect them
- Knowing the latest tech releases such as smartphones, apps and gaming
- Fronting the deposit for my son or daughter's first home
- Knowing the words to songs in the charts
- Knowing how to braid hair
- Being active on social media and knowing the latest slang
- Keeping up with latest fashion trends
- Teaching them how to host their own YouTube channel
Tommy Nash from Viroqua is a C5-C6 quadriplegic due to a ATV accident that left him paralyzed from mid chest down almost 10 years ago. He's raising money for his dream wheelchair, a TRACKCHAIR NT, with a GoFundMe page. You can donate HERE.
AGT premieres tonight on NBC but they already leaked an amazing rap from 14 year-old Flau'jae from Georgia!
Scroll down for the video and check out her website HERE!
Livewell Chiropractic and Wellness is now in their new location! Check them out at their new address, 1802 WI-16, with more parking and easier access in the Bluffside Commons Building on HWY 16 and Gillette St. Follow them on Facebook HERE
Perez Hilton is one of the original internet gossip columnists and is still going strong after all these years! His site, PerezHilton.com always has his own person spin on things, famous for his doodles on celebrity pics. He's now a father of three and has two YouTube channels: one for celebrity gossip and one personal channel for family and other stuff.
Perez also puts out a weekly podcast with Chris Booker. You can check it out HERE
Perez called in to chat with Brittany and Ballzer, ICYMI:
Next month, the USPS will release their first Scratch 'N' Sniff stamps. They'll smell like some kind of frozen treat, apparently, but the exact scent is a surprise.
Check out the pics and imagine the scent HERE
We wanted to know some good ideas for kids toys this summer so we checked in with Kristen Chase from Cool Mom Picks!
Hear Kristen's fun ideas:
WEEK OF MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018
Tegan Rodgers is a 6th grader at Winona Middle School. Tegan is a Mini Kix dancer for Winona Just for Kix. Tegan was injured in January, which side lined her until April. Tegan was so loyal to her team, she came to every dance practice and competition to cheer on her team, and was able to rejoin her team just in time to take 2nd place at the Just for Kix Nationals competition in Rochester. Tegan is a great role model for younger athletes, she is a fantastic listener, and a great team mate. Tegan is also involved in diving and softball.